Saturday, January 30, 2010

What's New...

Aside from baking...

I had an interview at Beaches Restaurant Monday. It went really well, and I think they really like me. They hoped to schedule me for another interview in about 2 weeks. This interview I would be working during happy hour (3-6), and I guess they'll judge me on my performance. I know I will do great, I just need them to schedule it, so I can show them! I do have a desadvantage in that I am so young, but I haven't told them I'm barely out of my teens, so maybe they think I'm 23 or 24...:)! Anyway, please keep me in your prayers regarding this. I want this job so so much.

I just got a letter from my choir director, Dean Applegate, that on March 5th, his 64th birthday, he is handing over the choir to his son, Blake. This hit me very hard, and he will be sorely missed. He has been my choir director for half of my life, and, as much as I love Blake (who has been giving me voice lessons for half of my life), it will be difficult. He will continue to be the music director for Holy Rosary ("as long as he can bare it" were his words), and he will be Blake's "deputy", but...:( Congrats to Blake, though. He brings out the best in us with his perfectionism. :)

Barry Manilow came out with his new and beautiful cd called "The Greatest Love Songs of All Time." I highly recommend this. Not just because it's him. There are some cds of his that I wouldn't recommend to a non-fan, but this isn't one of them. It is a beautiful anthology of classes standards from the 40s, 50s, and a few 60s. Worth a listen...or 15 or 20!

Another great cd I have been bonding with, is John Barry's soundtrack to "Chaplin: The Movie." If you like the "Somewhere In Time" st, you will love this one too. It's heartwrenching, heartwarming, and romantic. Love, love, love!

Hope my three readers are doing well! Cake tomorrow, Mommy!

This Friday I will make some meatless recipes for Aunt Jill!

No comments:

Post a Comment